Today is a very good day! I am very excited to do this post because I have been nominated for the Liebster Award…TWICE!!!
Thank you Emily from Glamvasion and Budget Friendly, Too!! I love both your blogs and think you guys are great writers and are VERY inspirational!
So for those of you who are not familiar with the Liebster Award it was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the “blogosphere”.
After you have been nominated and you have accepted it, you have to write a blog post yourself doing the following:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
2. Copy and display the award in your blogpost (save the image and upload it to your own post).
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
6. Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
8. Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they’ve never heard about it) and so that they know what questions to answer! 🙂
Since I have been nominated twice I have 22 questions to answer. This might not be how it works…but I would love to answer them all so that you guys will have a better idea of who I am (I know I like to read personal things about bloggers that I follow so I’m going to do the same for you guys!).
1. What is your biggest fear?
I have a fear of drowning. My dream vacation would be to go on a Caribbean cruise but I’m afraid to go because in my head I would be replaying the part of the movie Titanic where the ship sinks with all the people still on it. I even dream about drowning at least three times a year!!!
2. What is your favorite magazine?
I have more favorites….my favorite beauty/fashion magazine is “InStyle”. It always gives me so many ideas makeup wise. My favorite lifestyle magazine is “O Magazine”. I LOVE Oprah Winfrey and always thought her talk show was very inspirational and full of amazing tips to improve your way of living…and found that the magazine is doing exactly the same for me!
My favorite food/home magazine is Martha Stewart’s “Living” magazine. It’s loaded with great recipes and decorating tips and tricks.
3. What is the most exciting thing that you have done in the past 5 years?
In 2012 I visited Miami with two friends. The trip itself was A-MA-ZING but the best and most exciting part was when I went on a mini road trip to Key West with one of my friends, Kim! It was kind of a challenge for me since I have a fear of drowning and almost the whole trip you’re driving on a road right in the middle of the ocean. But it was just stunning!!! The water had such a pretty turquoise color!!!Around lunch time we were starving so we went to this amazing restaurant called The Island Fish Company where they had the most delicious Sea Food and the best view while you’re eating.
Unfortunately Kim and I didn’t make it all the way to Key West because it started getting dark and we didn’t have a hotel reservation. We made it as far as Big Coppit Key where we saw the cutest houses ever. On our way back to Miami Beach we stopped in Coral Gables to have a sushi dinner at Moon Thai & Japanese Cuisine. They had the best sushi I have ever had in my LIFE!!
If you don’t know where to go on vacation this year…I highly recommend you go to Miami (Beach), rent a car and take about 2 days out of your vacation to make the trip down to the Keys. You won’t be disappointed!!!
4. If you could be anybody else for a week, who would you want to be and why?
My Dog…he leads such a privileged life!!! LoL…all he does is eat, play, sleep and cuddle with his mommy (… ME hahaha).
But if I had to choose a person it would have to be …. Tori Spelling (before the rumors that her husband Dean cheated on her😔). I was SO addicted to their reality show and watched each episode about a billion times!!! I love the kind of mother Tori is. She loves doing things with her kids (like baking and crafting). It really made me think about what kind of mother I want to be for my future kids.
I also admire her decorating skills!
5. Where do you want to live when you are a bit older and established (if you aren’t already)?
I don’t really care…if I’m married with kids by then I just want to be wherever they are. I can make a “home” pretty much anywhere…
6. If you had to choose, what is your favorite item (bag, dress, shoes, etc.) in your closet?
Definitely my shoes!!! My super high heels in particular!!!
I am also in love with my Michael Kors sneaker-wedges. I bought them as a birthday present for myself last September 🙂
They are soooo comfortable…it’s like you’re wearing regular sneakers but they do give your body that “ummphh” because they ARE wedges.
7. What beauty item are you lusting for?!
All the brand eyeshadow palettes out there I do not own yet!!! Unfortunately I’m not loaded with money in the bank and I can’t buy them all at once….so every time I manage to buy one I will do a post on them and let you guys know what I think of it!
8. What is your hidden talent that few people know about?
I don’t know if I have a “hidden” one…but my friends call me the “BAKING QUEEN” because I always bake (cup)cakes. My best friend always begs me to make red velvet cupcakes LoL
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people come to you, crying their eyeballs out and they ask you for some advice. But then when you tell them what would be the most obvious thing to do (in your opinion)…they act like your advice is the worst in the world. Then a few hours later they tell you they have asked “so-and-so” who advised them the exact same thing as you did earlier….and then they act like “so-and-so” is the smartest person in the world……………REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
10. How would you describe your personality (shy, impulsive, silly, sweet, life of the party, etc.)?
I’m extremely caring and love to help people. I also have a very silly and sarcastic sense of humor.
11. What is your favorite animal?!
MY DOG, TOMMY!!!!!!!! he is the sweetest thing on this planet!!! At least that’s what I think hahaha
He has a very sweet personality and loves to cuddle. He sometimes thinks he’s a HUMAN child, LMAO!!!!
I got him from a family who couldn’t take care of him anymore when he was about 1.5 years old. He’s now 7 years old but still acts like a puppy sometimes 🙂
He’s a Maltese/West Highland White Terrier mix but has more terrier features than Maltese ones.
BUDGET FRIENDLY TOO’S QUESTIONS
1. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Well this is more like a crazy experience….
When I was in Miami with my two friends one of them met a guy who invited us out for dinner and drinks with him and his two friends. He kept ordering shots of patron, dozens of Mojitos and expensive plates of sea food for everyone. But when the bill came he stood up, told his friends to handle it and took my friend for a walk on the Ocean Drive beach. His two friends then jumped up to start a fight about the tab with the waiter. I felt that the situation was about to go bad…REALLY bad … so I took my other friend by the arm and dragged her to beach to look for our friend who had just walked away with the guy….
We couldn’t seem to find her and she didn’t answer her phone…so when we saw all three guys sitting in their car about 30 minutes later I walked up to them and asked the guy behind the wheel if they had seen our friend.
He then grabbed my wrist (while the waiter came walking towards the car) and said: “She will pay for it!!!” I pulled back my wrist and started RUNNING!!!! Me and my friend ran as fast as we could….
The guy who had claimed he had “ooohhhhhh so much money” was about to leave us with a $700 tab!!!!!! WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!
When we got to our car, which was parked about 3 blocks away, our friend called us to let us know where she was. So thank the Lord that ended well….
2. The most accomplished thing?
My mother passed away in 2010. She was my best friend and confidant. For years I had a really hard time dealing with the loss. Since a few months I have finally accomplished to deal with it and that has led to me looking at life in a totally different way. I realized that life can be short (my mom was 46 when she passed) and that you can’t waist any moment of it. I decided to quit the things I was doing but actually didn’t make me happy. So now I’ve started a blog about my passion, starting beauty school in September and just feeling happy about life in general…knowing that my mom is watching and is proud of the person I have become!
3. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
1. I WANT KIDS…. That’s my biggest wish in life LoL
2. I want to go to Jamaica, go on a Caribbean cruise (without running around the ship screaming “WE ARE GOING TO SINK…WE ARE GOING TO SINK!!!!”
3. I want to start my own business (doing something with makeup…don’t know exactly what yet).
4. Name 4 things you can’t go anywhere without.
1. My iPhone
3. My wallet (yes I’m a shopaholic and can shop ANYWHERE hahaha)
4. Umbrella (I can’t risk getting my hair wet…I have curly hair and when it gets wet due to rain/snow I will end up looking like Shaun The Sheep)
5. Describe your dream vacation.
Some tropical place with a white beach, turquoise water, great food, delicious drinks, friendly people, exciting excursions and AB-SO-LUTE-LY NO RAIN at all!!!!
6. What is the last book you read?
I read two at the same time:
1. Tori Spelling – Spelling It Like It Is
2. Louise Hay – You Can Heal Your Life
7. The last item you purchased over $50?
My Michael Kors sneaker-wedges last September and last week I ordered the Lorac Pro and Lorac Unzipped palettes. The last two are under $50 each…but since I have ordered them together the total price was well over $50.
8. Do you have any bad habits?
I leave my shoes EVERYWHERE in my apartment. Wherever I take them off I leave them. So I’m always looking for my shoes.
9. Is there anything you thought you would never do but you ended up doing anyway?
Blogging…I always admired bloggers and vloggers but never thought I’d be able to do it myself. I didn’t think I’d be motivated and committed enough to do so. But here I am… 😊
10. Where was the last place you visited?
Atlanta, GA…it’s like my 2nd home. I’ve been visiting since 2005 and fell in love with the city. I always go back to do some shopping (I ❤️ T.J. Maxx, Marshall’s, Bath & Body Works, etc…).
11. What inspires you?
People who are following their dreams. It shows me that anything is possible if you just BELIEVE!!!!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I HATE cold weather. It always takes me like forever to warm up again after being outside in the cold.
2. I’m addicted to sushi.
3. I’m 30 years old and have a 15 year old little sister named Naomi! And I love her VERY much!!!
4. I’m afraid of spiders….they just give me the creeps!
5. When I started using makeup I used a foundation that was waaaaaaaaay too light for my skin color and it made me look like Michael Jackson…. SMH.
6. I’m half Dutch and half Surinamese
7. I have a lot of dark spots/scars on my body because I suffered from eczema as a kid. I still have breakouts sometimes but not as often as when I was little.
8. I am allergic to cats and horses.
9. I have a degree in business administration but HATE that field of work.
10. I burn peppermint essential oil before going to bed.
11. I have freckles on my nose.
I love all your blogs and can’t wait to read all your answers! So I hope you’ll accept the award and have fun with writing your own post and answering my questions for you!
THE NEW QUESTIONS
1. What’s your favorite TV show?
2. If you had a magic lamp, what would you wish for?
3. If you were put on a deserted island, what are the 5 things you just HAVE to have with you to survive?
4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
5. If you could spend a year anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
6. Name 3 things that are not healthy for you but you just cannot live without.
7. If you could furnish your entire house, for free, from one catalog/store/website, which would it be?
8. If you had to eat one food everyday, for the rest of your life, what would that food be?
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
10. How has blogging changed your life and world?
11. Do you have any tips for new bloggers?